A resume is an integral part of looking for a job or changing careers. A resume is a marketing tool about you that gives you an opportunity to summarize your skills, training, career interests, and experiences in a concise way to possible employers.
Resumes require 5 elements:
- Heading-your name, address, phone number, optional: fax, website
- Career Objective-A statement that tells the employer why type of job you are looking for; and perhaps your ambitions
- Summary of Qualifications-This is a summary of all your skills, training, experience, transferable skills, concrete skills and characteristics.
- Work History-Starting with your most recent job, list your job title, employer full name and address; and list duties/responsibilities you held with that employer
- Education/Training-List all your diplomas and certificates that are relevant to the job.
- Hobbies-list interest that you have, especially if they relate to the job
- Interests-community interests that you have, especially if they relate to the job
- Community work-it’s important today that everyone be a good citizen. List any community or volunteer work you have been involved with that may interest the prospective employer
A good resume gets the attention of the employer. Make sure it markets or sells you well. It is a reflection of who you are. A resume will help you get to the second phase of the job search process—the interview.
If you wish assistance in writing winning resumes, contact: email@example.com