An interview can last for a half hour to two hours. Mostly, they are between a half hour and 45 minutes. It is your job to convince the employer you are the best person for the job. The questions asked at the job interview are geared to finding out whether your skills, training and experience fit the company requirements. In assessing your skills you will be asked questions that deal with experience, education/training, achievements, job and company knowledge, and career goals.
If addition, to try to understand your personality, you will be asked about your attitudes, values, personal strengths and weaknesses. Also, you will be asked about your ability to be a team player. It is difficult to give good answers at the job interview on the spur of the moment. There are certain basic questions job interviewers ask and they can be asked in many different ways. However, essential they want to know only what is listed above.
Typical job interview questions (word this way or in a different way are)
- Tell me about yourself
- Describe your background for me.
- What are your qualifications for this position?
- What should I hire you?
- What experience do you have in this type of work?
- What skills do you bring to this job?
- Describe a previous job.
- How do you think your previous job has qualified you for this job?
- What education/training do you have that qualifies you for this job?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why did you choose this career?
- How have your career goals changed in the past five years?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in a career?
- How can this job help you mean your career goals?
- Why do you want a job with our company?
- In what ways can your skills contribute to this company?
- What did you leave your last job?
- How did you get along with your last boss?
- What are your greatest strengths? Or weaknesses?
- Describe yourself.
- How would your friends describe you?
- What motivates you to put forward your best effort in a job?
- Give us an example of a time when you worked under pressure.
- What type of job environment are you most comfortable?
- Can you take instructions well in a job?
- Do you prefer to work alone or with others?
- What style of leadership do you like best from your boss?
If you would like help in answering these questions with quality, contact us: email@example.com